clients I work with on career development tend to be business professionals
with at least a Bachelor's Degree and between 8 and 25 years of
services are designed for professionals and managers
- ready to identify a career and life path that is in alignment with their personal purpose and what they want out of life
- newly employed and seeking to secure success in the first 90 days
- happily employed and looking to be even more successful
- unemployed involuntarily and are
- unsure of their next
- not getting enough interviews,
- not landing offers or
the "right offers,"
- feeling uncertain about
how to approach negotiations with an employer, or
- are unhappily employed
or who want to explore a career change.
- unhappily employed and ready to make a change
interested in working either as "employees" or as independent
contractors, consultants, or service providers.
any of these statements true for you?
- I feel like there's just something missing from my career - is this really what I'm on this planet to do?
- I just landed a new job and feel like certain parts of it are a stretch; I want to make sure that I'm successful from the get-go!
- I've been laid off and just can't seem to find work. What do I need to do to land a job that's going to challenge me
and generate a good income?
- I've just received a job offer. Is it competitive? What do I do if I want to negotiate changes?
- I need a change, but I'm not sure where to start! How do I get out of this rut and move forward?
- I keep landing interviews for the "jobs I don't want." What am I doing wrong?
- My career is going great - and I see opportunities for it to go even better!
are likely to be successful working with me if
- You readily and carefully make and keep agreements and live your life with integrity.
- You are willing and able to say "No," when necessary.
- You are willing to set concrete goals and commit to a timeline to achieve them.
do "what it takes" to manage expectations at work and
then fulfill them. You always give your best effort and strive for excellence in
everything you do. You do not promise what you cannot deliver, and you deliver what you promise.
take initiative to add value beyond what is required for you to
"do your job." The phrase "that's
not my job" never crosses your lips and you are all about
continuous development, learning, and improvement.
are open to new approaches and ideas.
"Not invented here" is anathema to you.
You are more focused on quality and learning than on blame in
adhere to the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
You treat your manager, your peers, and the people that work for
you with honesty and respect.
you work with me, you can expect to make desirable and sustainable
changes in your career.
You will walk away with a better idea of what you want to do and
the weight you want to give work in your life both short- and long-term.
You will know how to market yourself and your services and how to
function most effectively in the workplace, navigating the politics and positioning
yourself for success and promotion. You will have a clear picture of the role your career plays in your life and how it fits into your overall goals.
If you are looking for work, we
approach managing your job search as if you were marketing consulting
services. The key to success is to find out and
focus on the needs of the employer, along with the benefits and
solutions you bring to the table. We prepare a step-by-step job
search marketing plan or career development plan if you are already
on the job.
I also consider career development to be an organic process,
in which it is important to understand your values and the kinds
of jobs and work places where the odds of success and happiness
will be stacked in your favor.
recognize that different clients need different things; one size
does not fit all. I am, above all, flexible.
You set the goals
for our work together - both results and time frame; and we agree together on fee structure that works for both of us. To make the coaching relationship work for you, I require that you come to coaching sessions fully prepared to engage
and that you complete all homework as agreed.
are a lot of coaches out there for you to choose from. What
makes me different from other business and career coaches?
I believe that the difference lies in my ability to leverage a 14-year
background in the trenches in small and large multi-national companies
to come up with real-world approaches that work.
Services I Offer Include:
Dream Coaching® Focusing on Career Targeting & Decision Making
First 90 Days Success Coaching
Job Performance Coaching
and Job Search Marketing Plan
Ontological Coaching around Career-Related Issues
are available in one-on-one sessions in person and by phone or SKYPE and are customized
to your needs.
more information, please
FREE tips on how to have a great career, reap the rewards that really
matter to you, and keep balance in your life, subscribe to "The
Bottom Line," Global Career Coaching's monthly newsletter,
by filling out the following form: