for Finance Careers
Finance & Financial Management:
- Vault Guides available for Investment Banking, Finance Interviews,
Hedge Funds, and various individual companies - much of the more
detailed information is available on a subscription basis or for
purchase in the form of guides.
- Competitor of Vault - same principle
- The American Finance Association
- Finance Executives International
- Financial Management Association International
- eFinancialCareers - Jobs and Career Management in the Financial
Markets, Banking & Finance for positions that are primarily,
but not exclusively, outside of the US
- job site dedicated to finance, accounting and banking jobs
and resumes – an eFinancialCareers.com company
- Finance Section of the Riley Guide
- Yahoo Finance
- Financial Women's Association - a leading executive organization
of 1,100 members committed to shaping leaders in business and finance
with a special emphasis on the role and development of women
- Investment banking interview questions asked of MBA's
at the Kellogg School at Northwestern University
- Investment banking interview questions asked at Cornell
- Article on outsourcing of critical research and modeling functions
by some of the world's top investment banks.
- US SEC web page providing general consumer information about
hedge funds. A great high-level overview.
- Harvard Business School Baker Library Guide that aims to
provide excellent starting points for academic research on hedge
funds and the hedge fund industry.
- Hedge Fund Association - an international not-for-profit
association of hedge fund managers, service providers, and investors
formed to unite the hedge fund industry and add to the increasing
awareness of the advantages and opportunities in hedge funds.
- Hedge Fund Center – mission is to explain the theoretical,
operational, and commercial issues related to hedge funds and hedge
fund investing in coherent terms so members can develop an understanding
of the intricacies of this industry. It will provide members with
the tools necessary to make meaningful evaluations and well informed
decisions about hedge funds
- hedgefundconferences.com is a “virtual conference organizer”
that provides calendar listings, past reviews, easy registration,
special discounts on conferences, and a searchable conference database.
- M A R – the global source for alternative investment
– a lot of subscription items but a number of free sector-related
articles on the site
– resource for high-net worth “qualified investors” with some
limited free, publicly available information about hedge funds and
types of strategies.
– on-line community for hedge fund high net worth investors
and advisors – a number of articles and a downloadable free monthly
- Association for Investment Management & Research
- General resource on investing
- investorwords.com – Investing Glossery
- The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM®)
- CoreNet Global - an organization for business leaders engaged
in the strategic management of real estate for major corporations
Equity & Venture Capital
- The Angel Capital Venture Network (ACE-Net) - Provides networking,
educational, training, and research activities for investors and
entrepreneurs. Helps individual accredited investors and institutional
venture capitalists find small, growing companies through a secure
Internet database. Offered through a partnership with California
State University .
- European Venture Capital Association (EVCA) - Includes searchable
directory of member companies by business type, company name, and
location. Also includes listing of other venture capital associations
in the region.
- the professional association for the Small Business Investment
Company (SBIC) industry and the oldest continuously operating organization
of venture capitalists in the world.
- The National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) is a trade
association that represents the U.S. venture capital industry. It
is a member-based organization, which consists of venture capital
firms that manage pools of risk equity capital designated to be
invested in high growth companies
- Bankjobs.com - career site for banking and financial services
– American Bankers Association - national
trade and professional association serving the entire banking community,
from small community banks to large bank holding companies.
& Financial Advisory Services
- Financial Planning Association - resource for financial planners
or those considering pursuing this field
- CFA Institute - an international, nonprofit organization
of more than 70,000 investment practitioners and educators in over
100 countries. Administers the CFA Examination.
- Association for Finance Professionals - serves more than
14,000 individual members in corporate treasury and financial management
- Careers in Finance-- Corporate Finance Career Track